Kappa Bioscience is an innovative B2B supplier of food additives and ingredients. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, and with global reach (sales in 52 countries), the company is a global market leader across several segments of its product categories. Kappa Bioscience has a unique positioning in the global vitamin K2 market due to its patented production process of pure vitamin K2 as menaquinone‑7. Apart from the state-of-the-art production, laboratory and administration facilities in Oslo, the company has an affiliate in Hamburg, Germany with focus in Sales, Marketing & Logistics.
In order to support its ambitious growth targets, the company is seeking for a new VP Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs.
The right candidate will:
- act as an enabler for market access by ensuring timely regulatory and quality compliance and approval for existing / new products within existing / new geographies and markets, as well as appropriate documentation.
- lead the company’s product quality and reliability process, systems, and culture to meet and exceed customer expectations and regulatory requirements.
- manage and develop the Quality and Regulatory organization. Organize the team and allocate resources in line with the company’s strategic priorities and goals. Manage budgets.
- work closely with the R&D, Production and Sales teams to streamline processes. Oversee quality inspections, approval of suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- work closely with external contacts including regulatory bodies, service providers (CROs) and clients in matters related to QA and Reg.
- member of the company’s Management Team. Co-operate closely with other members to support the company’s business growth, profitability through achievement of quality and regulatory objectives.
The ideal profile has/is:
- higher academic education at M.Sc. or Ph.D. level within natural sciences combined with minimum 7 years of experience within quality assurance and regulatory affairs in the functional ingredients / nutraceuticals / nutritional supplement industry.
- experience and updated knowledge regarding regulatory filings for US, EU and other key countries/regions (ideally Asia). Updated knowledge and expertise regarding regulatory approval processes, scientific and technical documentation requirements, as well as an existing network with industry governing bodies – including EFSA/FDA, as well as CROs.
- experience from an organization that promotes and sustains quality as an element of superior business performance.
- business acumen and drive to understand company profit drivers, industry trends and customer demands; Customer-centric focus that directly address customer needs.
- hands-on with an ability to work across all levels of the organization.
- able to influence and motivate direct reports, leadership staff, internal and external stakeholders.
- excellent ability to communicate in the English language, both orally and in writing. Norwegian or Scandinavian language skills are considered an advantage.
Oslo, Norway is highly preferred. Hamburg, Germany might also be considered.
- a unique opportunity to develop a quality and regulatory function that acts as a business enabler.
- member of a competent Management Team of a fast-growing private equity owned company.
- financial success that enables the company to continually invest back into its business and team.
For more details about the position, do not hesitate to contact Joachim Guslund or Yannis Nakopoulos at ISCO Group, phone +47 22 06 87 00. To apply, please fill out the form and upload your application and resume as soon as possible by clicking here.
We are closed during Christmas. Inquiries will be answered when we return in January.